Monday 29 June 2015

SELOC MTB Club do Gisburn - 27th June 2015

A 6 hour trip up to Lancashire on a Friday night sounds like a long way to go for a bike ride, but it was worth every one of the 262 miles.

I stayed in SimT's (from SELOC) B&B and very nice it was too, at very reasonable rates Link to Greenbank Farmhouse B&B

The 30 minute drive to Gisburn was on some of the best roads I've driven, almost no traffic, great scenery and so many twists and turns.

Gisburn Hub carpark was empty at  8.30am, something of a surprise, as most of the trail centres I have ridden are starting to fill up at this point.and will be rammed by 9.30 - 10am.

There were only the 3 of us again, AndrewF, AndyKay and me, everyone else dropping out, some at the very last minute.

AndrewF had a 130 mile road night ride starting a midnight, so he was pacing himself for that (nutter).

I can confirm Gisburn as one of my all time favourite trail centres, I much prefer to do my ascending and descending in shorter bursts, rather than the all out climb, followed by an intense downhill to the end, so this really suited me. Shame it's so far away.

Sorry about the music track, I had to change for something bought from the vimeo website to replace my tracks as they breached their copyright.



SELOC MTB CLUB DO GISBURN 27TH JUNE 2015 - purchased audio version from mark holttum on Vimeo.






Sunday I dropped in at Cannock Chase on the way back. It was heaving and I was constantly having to slow down behind people on the trails as you get a big mix of abilities, I like Cannock, but you definitely need to get there early. A quickish lap of Follow the Dog, a coffee and a sandwich and I was back on the motorway heading south.

Thanks to AndrewF for organising and AndyKay for being there. Looks like we may do Cannock later in the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment