Sunday 22 June 2014

Cannock Chase 22nd June 2014

Thanks to an invite from Paul, I was back at Cannock Chase again this weekend.

It appears that summer has started properly now as it was absolutely sweltering, but I won't complain.

After a day of discussion yesterday regarding the start time, it was decided that an 8.45am start would be suitable for all. A screw in Paul's tyre meant that we started a little later. There was one bail out (I won't take the mickey, as I don't know Mark, I'll let the rest of you do that), so only 4 of us - Russell, Steve, Paul and me.

Not a great start to the ride with Paul finding out that his gear lever had snapped off, giving him only only 3 gears. The gear ratio was adjusted to give some chance of climbing and descending and all in all it worked (albeit rather hard work). Squeaky / binding brakes and a front quick release that kept undoing itself also caused some issues, as did the need to run the seat at a less than ideal height to get through the technical bits. Details on the cheap dropper post HERE  

Cracking fun and only minor blood shedding between us.

I'm back in September on a singlespeed, so the 3 gear bike seems to be a luxury.





140622 Cannock Chase.mp4 from mark holttum on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment